This vibrant salad features fall lettuces, fresh herbs, crisp apples, and juicy blackberries in a punchy balsamic vinaigrette made with Oregon Orchard Extra Virgin Hazelnut Oil. Topped with sliced scallions, tangy gruyere cheese crumbles and toasted Oregon Orchard Natural Sliced Hazelnuts.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 5 min
- ¼ C. Oregon Orchard Extra Virgin Hazelnut Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Honey (optional)
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Pint blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh oregano leaves
- 4 C. Arugula or seasonal greens
- ½ Apple, quartered and sliced to 2 mm
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. Gruyere, crumbled
- Balsamic vinaigrette (above)
- ½ cup Oregon Orchard Natural Sliced Hazelnuts
- Toast the Natural Sliced Hazelnuts under a broiler on a lower rack for 4-5 minutes until just golden, stirring halfway through.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the vinaigrette and emulsify. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the blackberries to the vinaigrette; gently toss and set aside.
- Combine the oregano and greens on a serving platter.
- Spoon the dressed berries over the salad. Layer with chopped scallions, sliced apple, and crumbled gruyere. Drizzle with more vinaigrette, as desired.
- Garnish the assembled salad with toasted hazelnuts.