- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ C. Oregon Orchard Natural Sliced Hazelnuts
- ¾ C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Oregon Orchard Refined Hazelnut Oil, plus more for the waffle iron
- ¾ C. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cane sugar
- ¼ C. Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Fresh Cherries, pitted and halved
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone, orange zest, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth. Gradually incorporate the powdered sugar. Cover and chill until serving.
- Spread the Natural Sliced Hazelnuts on a tin or a sheet pan. Toast under a broiler on a lower rack for 4-5 minutes until just golden, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Place the milk, eggs and 1 Tbsp. Refined Hazelnut Oil in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the blender and pulse to incorporate.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush with oil.
- Adding more oil to the surface as needed, pour batter into the waffle iron, and cook until crisp.
- Top the chocolate waffles with cinnamon mascarpone. Serve with cherries and toasted sliced hazelnuts. Dust with powdered sugar or add maple syrup, if desired.