Crisp and tender waffles made with Oregon Orchard Refined Hazelnut Oil, cocoa, and cinnamon. Topped with whipped cinnamon mascarpone, cherries, and natural sliced hazelnuts.
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ C. Oregon Orchard Natural Sliced Hazelnuts
- ¾ C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Oregon Orchard Refined Hazelnut Oil, plus more for the waffle iron
- ¾ C. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cane sugar
- ¼ C. Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Fresh Cherries, pitted and halved
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone, orange zest, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth. Gradually incorporate the powdered sugar. Cover and chill until serving.
- Spread the Natural Sliced Hazelnuts on a tin or a sheet pan. Toast under a broiler on a lower rack for 4-5 minutes until just golden, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Place the milk, eggs and 1 Tbsp. Refined Hazelnut Oil in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the blender and pulse to incorporate.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush with oil.
- Adding more oil to the surface as needed, pour batter into the waffle iron, and cook until crisp.
- Top the chocolate waffles with cinnamon mascarpone. Serve with cherries and toasted sliced hazelnuts. Dust with powdered sugar or add maple syrup, if desired.
Buy Refined Hazelnut Cooking Oil at your local Sprouts Farmers Market or Wilco Farm Store