Marinated salmon fillets nestled and baked among sliced sweet potatoes and red onions tossed in Oregon Orchard Refined Hazelnut Oil. Served with Dry Roasted Diced hazelnuts, sliced scallions and fresh cilantro.
- 4 (6 ounces) Skin-on salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh orange juice
- 1 Garlic clove, minced, plus 2 to 3 halved cloves for the pan
- 1 pound Sweet potatoes, sliced to ½ inch
- 1 Red onion, peeled and cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoon Oregon Orchard Refined Hazelnut Oil
- 2 to 3 Scallions, sliced
- ½ cup Dry Roasted Diced Hazelnuts
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and lay the salmon filets in a dish. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the orange juice and minced garlic. Pour the mixture over the fish and marinate at room temperature. Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, toss the prepared sweet potatoes and onion with Refined Hazelnut Oil. Arrange them on the sheet pan with the garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the veggie mixture until the sweet potatoes are brown and almost tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Skin-side down, add the salmon to the sheet pan and continue to roast until the fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve the salmon with sweet potatoes and top with scallions, roasted hazelnuts, and cilantro leaves.
Buy Refined Hazelnut Cooking Oil at your local Sprouts Farmers Market or Wilco Farm Store