This recipe is the winner of the Oregon Orchard May 2020 Hazelnut Recipe Contest, submitted by Debbie Luster.
1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup fresh cauliflower, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
1/3 cup diced onion
1 cup (4 oz) grated cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped roasted Oregon hazelnuts
11/2 cups milk
1 cup biscuit mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Precook broccoli and cauliflower by boiling in a saucepan until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In mixing bowl, stir together broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, grated carrot, onion, and cheese; spoon mixture into a well-greased glass 10-inch pie plate. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- Beat together milk, biscuit mix, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper; pour into pie plate over hazelnuts, vegetable, and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes; let casserole stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Makes 6-8 servings.